The Republic of the Congo is a country located in the central part of Africa. French is the official language spoken here. The official currency of the Republic of Congo is Central African CFA franc (XAF).
The application form for applying for Visa is available on the Embassy website. Besides the completely filled and signed form following documents are required to be submitted for Visa processing to happen:
- Passport of the Applicant that has to be valid for at least 6 months from the expiry date of the visa. A copy of the first and end page of the passport is also needed. In case the applicant has travelled to the country before a copy of the page with the stamp is also required.
- Three copies of the visa form which can be photocopy or print.
- Photographs of the applicant in passport-size, which are camera clicked with a white background -3 nos.
- Covering letter from the Applicant.
- Sponsorship letter or invitation letter from a person living in D.R. Congo which has been legalized either by General Direction of Immigration service, Notary Congolese or the government ministry, Foreign Affairs of the D.R. Congo.
- Onward and return air ticket.
- Yellow Fever Certificate. Certificate of Yellow fever is valid for 10 years.
- Last six month Bank statements
The cost and validity of Visas are as follows:
- One month single Entry Visa costs Rs. 6,100/-
- For the first entry -Three months validity multiple entry visa will cost Rs. 13,250/-
- For a second entry- Three Months validity multiple entry visas will cost Rs. 13,250/-
- First entry multiple entry visas with six-month validity will cost Rs. 21,200/-
- Second entry multiple entry visas with six-month validity will be of Rs. 16,000/-
- An extra charge will be levied for processing of visa on the same day of Rs.2,500/-
The usual processing time is 2-3 working days.
However, it is to be noted that first-time travelers have to take three-month validity visa.