Outdoor activities and beautiful scenic locations are the primary attractions of the country. Lake Sevan present here is the largest mountain lake in the world and is a very popular destination in summer. Tsakhkadzor ski resort is the place to go in winter for skiing and hiking. Yerevan, the capital city of Armenia proudly showcases opera, theaters and many other cultural attractions. The country is small in size. Armenia has famous world heritage sites like monasteries present in Haghpat and Sanahin marked by UNESCO.
The official language used in Armenia is Armenian.
The official currency of the country is Armenian Dram (դր.) (AMD). 1 AMD is equal to 0.14 INR currently.
Armenia has an embassy in New Delhi and consulates in Mumbai and Chennai, however, visa is only issued at the Embassy.
The tourist visa is of two types. One type has a validity of maximum 21 days and is charged 480 INR. Another kind of tourist visa has a validity of more than 21 days and less than 60 days and comes at a cost of 2400 INR.
The documents required to apply for visa are:
- Applicant’s original passport which is valid for a minimum of six months from the date of application.
- 1 current passport-size photograph, to be put in the application form
- 1 visa form filled and signed (photocopy allowed).
- The Applicant should give cover letter saying the reason for travel and requesting the Tourist visa.
- Invitation from friend/ family in Armenia
- Hotel booking.
- Copies of onward and return air ticket.
- Last 6 months original Bank statement.
The visa processing usually takes 7 to 10 working days.