Here are few Machu Picchu tour tips:
- Book your train tickets in advance as they sell out very soon. Try booking a train from Cusco to Machu Picchu for an amazing train ride. Another option is taking a train from Ollantaytambo.
- If you don’t get train tickets then you have other options like bus and taxi to travel. However, train ride especially the Vistadome is highly recommended.
- Purchase your tickets online and collect them from any office either at Cusco or Aguascalientes on bringing your payment receipt. The slots of 7a m and 10 am are available online so book your slots early.
- Carry water and some snacks in your bag while climbing Machu Picchu
- If you want to save time and see everything around then have the lunch in sanctuary though it is costly but saves a lot of time and energy.
- Wayna Picchu is highly recommended for the hikers. The scene from up is mind blowing but only 400 people are allowed to climb in a day.
- View of Machu Picchu from Sungate and Inca Bridge is awesome. Highly recommended for Machu Picchu tour
- Visit Machu Picchu mountain without missing and it’s just a three hours hike and is amazing.
- Take your time and relax and enjoy the views.
- Take raincoats or ponchos as the weather is quite unpredictable.
- Take your bus tickets in advance to avoid standing in lines for going up to Machu Picchu.
- Taking a guide is good as there are not many signs and there is a lot of history in the Incan sites.
- Lastly, as Machu Picchu Tour tips we recommend an Inca massage in the Machu Picchu town if you have some time. Massage cost starts from $25 an hour.
So follow these above-given travel tips to experience an awesome Machu Pichu travel. Have a safe and happy journey.