INTRODUCTION TO UAE
ABOUT THE COUNTRY
The United Arab Emirate is a federation of 7 different emirates. Each emirate has its own monarch and among these 7 monarchs one is chosen as the president of UAE .This country is mainly famous for its oil reserves.
CAPITAL : ABU DHABI
OFFICIAL LANGUAGE : ARABIC
DEMONYM : EMIRATI , EMIRIAN , EMIRI
Let us now brief out the history of today’s one of the most prosperous countries. Although its history lies way back to the cradle of human civilization as seen by study of archaeologists but we will talk here about the near past which is important for us as information. So we will basically talk about the 19th, 20th and 21st centuries. And most basically the 20th century as the late 20th century was the time of transformation of the country drastically.
Situated in Middle East, it is the strategic location around Strait of Hormuz (special transit for world’s crude oil). Dubai is its largest city but Abu Dhabi is the largest Emirate. It has water inlands, which serves as salt pans. Its position on globe makes it prone to hot dusty winds with high speed which often turns into sand storms.
It has sub-tropical arid climate. Here the summers are very hot and dry, winters are also warm or you can say not that cold. Its average temperature is around 45 degrees Celsius in July and August. Although in January and February its temperature falls to 10 – 20 degrees Celsius in some parts of the country.
Now if you are about to or thinking of visiting the country , please get aware of their strict rules and regulations as there some act are offence which you cannot even think of being offence in your country specially if you are in any democratic country like India. So let’s have a look:
- Kissing in public is punishable offence and person found in act can be sentenced to 80 lashes punishment.
- Premarital sex is also punishable offence with 100 lashes.
- Stoning is a legal punishment in UAE.
- Abortion is punishable offence and 100 lashes and 5 years of prison can be sentenced for this offence.
- In several cases raped women are sentenced to jail in UAE.
- During the month of Ramadan eating or drinking between sunrise and sunset in public is punishable offence even if you are not a Muslim.
- Drunk driving, blasphemy and other offences are obviously criminal offences.