Introduction about Thailand

Thailand, formerly known as Siam is a country at the centre of Indochinese Peninsula in Mainland Southeast Asia. The country governed by The National Council for Peace and Order that took power in May 2014.The head of the monarchy is King Bhumibol Adulyadej who has reigned since 1946 as Rama IX as he is the ninth monarch of the rulingDynasty. He is known to be the world’s greatest serving head of state and the country’s longest reigning monarch; he has reigned for 70 years and 40 days.

The country is surrounded to the north by Myanmar and Laos, to the east by a country Cambodia and Laos. To the south of the country covered by the Gulf of Thailand and Malaysia. As we go towards west the country protected by the Andaman Sea and the south extreme of Myanmar.The maritime boundaries consist of Vietnam in the Gulf of Thailand towards south-east while India on the Andaman Sea is towards the south-west. If you visit Thailand then this travel guide from Bangkok to Chiang Mai will really assist you for your travel.


It is the world’s 51st largest country in terms of total area of approx. 198,000 sq. mi. It is the 20th most populous countries in the world with around 66 million people. Bangkok, the largest city in the country and also named as its capital is Thailand’s commercial, political, industrial and cultural hub. About 75 to 95% of the population is basically Tai including four major regional groups: Central Thai, Northeast Thai, Northern Thai and Southern Thai. The remaining 4 to 5% of the population is Burmese (2%), others (1.3%) and rest are not specified. The country is home to a large immigrant community of approx. 200,00 foreigners.Increasing the number of migrants from neighbouring Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar as well as from India and Nepal due to which the total number of non-national residents has increased to 3.5 million as in 2009, up from an estimated 2 million in 2008 and 1.3 million in 2000.

The official language of Thailand is Thai a closely related to Lao, Shan, a language which is more famous in Myanmar and numbers of smaller languages spoken in an arc from Hainan and Yunnan south to the Chinese border. It is the principle language of education and Judiciary and is spoken all over the country. The standard is basically the dialect of the Central Thai people. Southern Thai is used in southern provinces and Northern Thai is used in the areas that were formerly part of the Independent Kingdom of Lan Na.The country is also host to several other minority languages in which Lao dialect of Isan used the most in the northeast provinces. In the far southern direction, Kelantan-Pattani Malay is one of the primary languages of Malay Muslims. Variety of Chinese is also spoken by a large Thai-Chinese population. Other languages include Mon,Viet, Mlabri and Orang Asli.

Most of the areas of the country have tropical wet and dry climate. The south and the eastern part of the east have a tropical dense monsoon climate. Temperatures normally range from an annual high of 38degree Celsius to a normal low of 19 degree Celsius. During the dry seasons, the temperature rises greatly in the second half of March spiking to over 40 degree Celsius. Southwest Monsoons arrive between May and July that signal the advent of the rainy season. Temperatures begin to climb to its peak in January again.

The Elephant is Thailand’s national symbol. Its literacy rate is 93.5% as of 2014.The economy of the country is heavily export dependent with exports accounting for more than two third of the Gross Domestic Product.

Please follow and like us:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *